Monday, December 29, 2008

It's probably about time that I tell you all about this... so here goes...  


As you can probably tell from my previous posts, I've become very involved at the BCM (Baptist Campus Ministry) at Morehead.  For those of you who may not know BCM's are organizations on college campuses that provide a place for believers to socialize, attend Bible studies, do fun activities, reach out to the campus, etc.  They are sponsored by the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC.)  So... this year, through our BCM and the Kentucky Baptist Convention (KBC-a division of the SBC) I have been provided the opportunity to spend 8 weeks of my summer participating in something called the Acts 1:8 Leadership Experience.  This summer I will spend 6 weeks in Louisville, 5 of which I will be attending leadership training classes and helping with a vast variety of local mission projects, and the 6th I will be working with the SBC's Crossover Outreach.  Following these 6 weeks, my team of 18-20 will be heading to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks to minister there and work with Pure Water for Pure Life (a division of EDGE Outreach) to install water purifying systems for people without the luxury of pure water.

Needless to say I am very excited about the summer.  I have already met everyone that will be on the team, and I think we will all get along great!  Two of my very good friends from Morehead were also accepted so I think it will be great to spend the summer with them as well!  I know that God will be glorified this summer and I can't wait to have a part in that.  However, there are several things that need to happen to make this summer possible.  First of all, I have to raise $2500.  Thankfully, that covers everything for the 2 months I will be gone.  Also, several of my teammates have to get Passports.  Thankfully I've already been through the process and my passport is good for another couple years, but that can always be a troublesome process, especially the first time you do it.  Most importantly though, we all need to be focused through the upcoming semester and make sure that God is on the throne in all of our lives and that we are seeking Him above all else.  So I would ask you... please join in on this ministry.  Become a part of what God is doing now and what He will do this summer.  Please pray...
     -for my team and I and our leaders as we prepare for this summer.
     -for everyone we will come in contact with.
     -for the hand of God to guide us and lead us through this time in our lives.
     -for us to grow closer to our Savior through it all.  

I'll do my best to keep you all updated through the blog and I'd love it if you would stay connected with me on this journey. So if you haven't already, sign up up there at the top right of the page.  Just enter your email address and you'll get an email whenever I add a new post.  Thanks so much for your prayers!

"...everything will change, things will never be the same, for the glory of it all" -DC*B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know we will be praying and we will visit as often as we are allowed =)!

Anonymous said...

Very good!